Shopping at The Louis L'Amour Trading Post is a cinch, no finding a parking space, no waiting in line, just click your way through our catalog of books, audio cassettes, movies and more, from the comfort of home. The reference below will provide answers to many FAQs (frequently asked questions) regarding shopping at The Louis L'Amour Trading Post and shopping on-line in general.
Alternatively, you can e-mail us your questions, requests, and comments.
How to Shop
Finding What You Want
- Items for sale exist in several sections: "Novels," "Short Stories," "Specialty Books." etc. To move around our website with ease, use the main navigation bar along the left and/or the menu at the top of some pages. There are also text links to all the major sections of the site at the bottom of each page.
Placing an Order
- Add items to your Shopping Cart by clicking "Buy Me!"
- When you're finished shopping, click the "View Cart" link.
- Check the contents of your Shopping Cart and then click the "Complete Order" button.
- Enter the requested shipping and billing information making sure to fill in all of the required fields.
- Finally, click the "Submit Information" button, fill in the necessary credit card information and your billing address and submit your order for processing.
- We will send you an order confirmation via e-mail.
- Qwik@BUY - You have the option during the shopper registration process to have us record your registration information so that you can shop without having to re-register each time. You can complete future orders simply by entering your e-mail address and password.
The Shopping Cart
The Basics - Just like your neighborhood store, you have a Shopping Cart in which you can place items. When you find an item that you want, simply click "Buy Me!" This automatically adds it to your Cart. From there you can place your order or continue to shop. Items will remain in your Cart wherever else you go in the store, and you can remove them or change their quantities at anytime.
You can view your Shopping Cart or checkout at anytime by clicking "View Cart" on any page.
- Changing Item Quantities - If you wish to order multiple quantities of an item in your Shopping Cart, change the number in the "Quantity" box and then click the "Edit Quantities" button to update your Shopping Cart.
- Deleting Items - If you wish to delete an item in your Shopping Cart, check the box to the right of the item labeled "Remove Item" and then click the "Delete Items" button to update your Shopping Cart.
Within 10 days of receipt of your order you may return items for a full refund. Note that we can process returns only for items purchased at The Louis L'Amour Trading Post and that the items returned must be in resellable condition. Please indicate the reason for the return, and send the securely packaged item along with your receipt or order number to:
The Louis L'Amour Trading Post
P.O. Box 1211
Issaquah, WA 98027 USA
- You will be notified via e-mail of your refund once we have received the returned item. Please note that we do not refund shipping costs.
Delivery Policy - We don't charge your credit card until we ship your order. If an item is out-of-stock, you will be notified as to an expected fulfillment date and your account will not be charged until the item is shipped. Should the expected time for delivery to our stock be too long, we may cancel your order and notify you when the item becomes available again.
Click HERE for details on our shipping methods including rates and delivery methods.
- All transactions are processed in U.S. dollars. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and checks or money orders denominated in US dollars and drawn on a US bank. Please be sure to include the nine-digit routing number (ABA code) on the bottom of all checks.
- Paying by check does slow your order down, as we don't ship merchandise until your funds clear. Within the US, paying by check typically delays your order by 10 - 21 days.
- Worried about using your credit card? Don't be. We guarantee that every online purchase you make from our store is a secure transaction.
- Our site uses 128-bit encryption and the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security features provided by your Web browser. This ensures that your transactions are secure. If you receive an error message from your web browser indicating that you are moving between secured and unsecured pages while placing your order, please read the message and continue with your order. If you are concerned that you are seeing browser security messages too often, check the security level settings in your browser. You can then comfortably continue your online ordering.
- For more information, please read our Secure Shopper Guarantee.
- The Louis L'Amour Trading Post is dedicated to protecting your privacy. The information we collect about you is used to process and fulfill orders and to notify you about specials at our store. We will not disclose your personal information to others under any circumstances.
- When you order, we need to know your name, mailing address, e-mail address and billing information.
- Cookies are tiny text files that are stored on your computer's hard drive. We use them to keep track of what you have in your Shopping Cart and to remember any items you have saved to your Shopping List. Cookies are harmless and they do not contain any personal or private information. Cookies must be turned on to shop at The Louis L'Amour Trading Post.
Still have unanswered questions? Feel free to give us a call or send us an e-mail:
- Our business hours for phone calls are Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm (Pacific Time). We are closed Saturday and Sunday. The internet site is of course open 24/7 and we'd love to hear from you!